Are you an animal lover? A team player? Do you love a challenge? A career at the Humane Society of St. Joseph County may be the purr-fect fit!
We have a highly dedicated, professional and innovative team of people who compassionately embodies our motto “We Care.” Our team strives to bring the highest quality of animal care, customer service, public education and assistance for animal and welfare issues to St. Joseph County, Indiana residents. We value the contributions of each member of our team and know that by collaborating and working together, we are most effective.
At the Humane Society of St. Joseph County, caring for animals is not just a job, it’s our passion!
Interested in a career working to help animals and people in our community? Helping a pet go from homeless to loved is an incredible experience and a job like no other!
If you’re interested in applying, please send a cover letter and résumé to Human Resources, HSSJC, 2506 Grape Rd., Mishawaka, IN 46545; fax them to 574-255-4767; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Humane Society of St. Joseph County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Animal Care Attendant
Job Descriptions Posted Below
Job Descriptions Posted Below
Humane Society of St. Joseph County
Animal Care Attendant
Reports To: Area Team Leader
Responsible for the daily care and cleaning of shelter animals and their environments. Animal Care Attendants are responsible for providing humane care of the animals, including feeding and caring for impounded animals, cleaning and maintaining kennel facilities, and providing information regarding the health or safety of animals to managers and supervisors. The Animal Care Attendants also assists with animal adoptions, returning animals to owners, animal surrenders, other services and helps maintain animal records. The ideal candidate is compassionate, professional, friendly and willing to physically work hard in a fast paced environment. Applicants with previous animal care experience are preferred, but not required.
- Must be comfortable and able to work with all sizes and breeds of dogs
- Must be comfortable and able to work with felines and pocket pets
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Open and flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Reliable, Punctual, and Dependable Team Player
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Attention to detail
- Animal handling and care experience is preferred but not required
- Works alongside a team of attendants to clean and maintain kennel and cattery areas of the shelter, in such a manner as to provide a healthy, clean, odor free and low stress environment for the animals
- Following all safety and cleaning protocols
- Feeds and provides daily care and exercise for all animals in the shelter’s care
- Monitoring group play and working on basic obedience for shelter pets
- Reports to the Shelter Director and/or medical staff any potential health or behavioral problems involving the animals
- Bathing shelter animals
- Maintains records of shelter animals
- Organizes and puts away donations
- Daily and weekly grounds maintenance including picking up trash, raking, and possible mowing and weed-whacking
- Providing client care and assisting clients with Play Times (adoption pet visits) and/or lost pet walk-throughs
- Washing dishes and maintaining a clean and orderly Food Room
- Disinfecting and cleaning of animal crates, carriers, and other shelter supplies