Beginning March 17, 2020 our Adoption Center will be closed until further notice. However, we will still be allowing adoptions by appointment for approved applicants. Please only fill out an Adoption Application if you are seriously considering adopting a pet in the next week. We are receiving a very high volume of applications at this time, causing longer process times. The Humane Society is dedicated to the welfare of our staff, shelter animals, and community and appreciate your continued support during these unprecedented times. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE ADOPTABLE PETS
How To Adopt While the Adoption Center is Closed
- View our adoptable pets on our website and Facebook page: Adopt a Dog or Adopt a Cat & Facebook Page
- Apply to adopt on our website and indicate which animal(s) you are interested in when prompted on the online application: Click Here to Apply!
- Wait patiently as a Humane Society staff member processes your adoption application. This usually takes 24/48 hours but may take longer. We will call you and set up a specific time for you to visit the shelter and meet the animal(s) you are interested in.
- At the appointment time you’ll be able to meet our adoptable pets. If it’s a match, you’ll take your new adoptable pet home the same day!
- All animals must be transported home in a safe and legal manner. Bring a collar and leash or a secure pet carrier. We have cardboard cat carriers for sale at the shelter.
- During the adoption appointment you will sign the adoption placement agreement, receive copies of the animal’s vaccinations and other medical procedures and pay the adoption fee. We accept cash and credit. Personal checks will not be accepted.
Please note if you or a family member are sick or have been exposed to someone who is ill, we ask that you do not visit the shelter and wait to adopt until everyone in your home is well for at least two weeks.