Donating has never been easier! Check out these sites for donation wish lists that are set up to ship directly to the shelter!
Special Items Amazon Wish List
DONATION WISH LIST
- Dry Kitten Food
- Dry Dog Food
- Canned Dog Food- ground – any brand
- Canned Cat Food- pate style – any brand
- Kitty Litter – (non-clumping) any brand
- Small Animal Food, CareFresh Bedding, etc (for rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, etc.)
- Plastic Tote Boxes with Lids
- Bleach (regular, no “low-splash” type please!)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Ice Melt (pet safe)
- Leashes & Collars
- Tractor Supply Gift Cards
- Local Pet Store Gift Cards
- Cat Toys & Kong toys for dogs
- Large black garbage bags
- Dog shampoo
We greatly appreciate your donations & support! To prevent us from storing or throwing away unused items, please refrain from leaving the following items. Feel free to call if you have questions. Thank you!
Items we no longer take:
- Open bags of dog/cat food or any loose food in containers
- Newspaper/Shredded Paper
- Plastic & Can Recycling
- Garage Sale Items
- Used Litter Boxes
- Plastic food dishes
- Raised food/water bowls
Shelter Wish List
You Shop. Amazon Gives Back.
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose us by searching for The Humane Society of St. Joseph County.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
We’ve made shopping for the shelter easy! Pick something off of our Amazon Wish List and have it sent directly to the shelter at 2506 Grape Rd., Mishawaka, IN 46545.
Create a Facebook Fundraiser
Raising lifesaving funds is easy with Facebook Fundraiser! Have a birthday coming up? Want to celebrate your pet’s “gotcha” day? Create a Facebook fundraiser and name The Humane Society of St. Joseph County your charity of choice.
To create a fundraiser for the Humane Society of
St. Joseph County, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Click on Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed
- Click on Select Nonprofit
- Search & select The Humane Society of St. Joseph County, choose a cover photo & fill in fundraiser details.
- Click Create and start raising funds for shelter pets!
- Don’t forget to share this flyer with your friends!
It is important that our shelter pets feel at home in the shelter. One way we try to provide a fear free environment is by providing lots of lounging and hidey spots. Kitty Kasas offer just that! They are “functional, durable, modern, stylish, and easily cleanable cat furniture for shelters.” Check out our personalized Kitty Kasas page by clicking on the GO button below!
Give the Gift of Fresh Step Litter
Help our shelter earn free Fresh Step Kitty Litter by donating your Paw Points to us. There is a Paw Point code on each container of Fresh Step Kitty Litter you purchase. Follow the steps below to keep our litter boxes fresh.
- Visit FreshStep.com and join Paw Points. Every Paw Points code you enter contributes cat litter to shelters across the country.
- Donate Paw Points directly to our shelter. Your points donations can help provide litter and supplies for our furry friends.
- Enter our special shelter code to earn 50 Paw Points for yourself and us!
Our Special Shelter Fresh Step Code: SHELTERBONUS967