We impact the lives of more than 3,000 animals each year. As a nonprofit, we rely on private donations to provide these helpless, homeless animals with their second chance.
Your monetary donation not only helps with the daily care of homeless pets but also funds many educational and life saving programs offered by the Humane Society of St. Joseph County. By donating, you are providing adequate veterinary care to shelter pets, supporting our Pet Safe program, providing enrichment and behavior modification training for cast-off pets and furthering our mission to enhance the human-animal bond through the compassionate care of animals and community education.
Make a secure one time or monthly donation by clicking on the yellow “Donate” button below.
Memorial & General Donations
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR PAWS FOR YOUR KIND DONATIONS!
Check out our Wish List for needed items.
Become a Paw Pal sponsor! This program is flexible and allows you to choose to give monthly or just once to help support shelter pets in need. Find out more at Paw Pal Sponsorships.
MEMORIALS & IN HONOR DONATIONS
Memorialize the lives of family, friends, and pets by giving a donation to help support our mission at the Humane Society of St. Joseph County. To make a secure online donation, please click on the yellow Pay Pal donation button. If you are giving a donation in memory or in honor of a loved one or if you’d like your donation to go to a specific shelter need please indicate so on the Review Your Donation page of Pay Pal. Click on “Add special instructions” and type in the appropriate information.
For a memorial or in honor donation, please indicate who the donation is in memorial or honor of and an address to send an acknowledgement letter.
Memorial & In Honor donations may be made via mail or telephone as well.
TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS
The Humane Society of St. Joseph County is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization and is classified as a public charity under sections 509(a)1 and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) of the Internal Revenue code. If you would like a receipt for your donation for tax purposes, please write “Please send a tax receipt” in the instructions section.
ENDOWMENT FUND DONATIONS
The Humane Society recently established an endowed fund with the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County: The Humane Society of St. Joseph County Fund. Gifts to this fund are permanently invested to generate much-needed annual support for The Humane Society, year after year. As the fund grows, so will the earnings The Humane Society receives to carry out the important work we do, both now and in the future.
You can make a gift to this permanent endowed fund in either of two ways:
1) You may make your gift directly to The Humane Society. To be sure that your gift is placed in The Humane Society of St. Joseph County Fund, please indicate this on the check’s memo line or in an enclosed note.
2) You may make your gift by check or appreciated securities directly to the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County. Simply indicate that The Humane Society of St. Joseph County Fund is the intended beneficiary of your gift. The Community Foundation also accepts credit card gifts online at www.cfsjc.org; choose The Humane Society of St. Joseph County Fund from the drop-down menu under “A Favorite Charity’s Endowed Fund.”
You can also make a gift to The Humane Society of St. Joseph County Fund through your IRA, your will, a trust, or other options, such as appreciated securities. Whatever route you choose, your gift will continue to grow and benefit The Humane Society and our community forever. Please consider talking to your professional advisor about how to include The Humane Society in your will.
More than 80 other local nonprofit organizations hold endowed funds like ours with the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County. For more information about the Community Foundation and the work it does to make our community a better place, visit www.cfsjc.org.
To create a fundraiser for the Humane Society of St. Joseph County, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Click on Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed
- Click on Select Nonprofit
- Search & select The Humane Society of St. Joseph County, choose a cover photo & fill in fundraiser details.
- Click Create and start raising funds for shelter pets!
- Don’t forget to share your fundraiser with your friends!